This is the most totally awesome news I’ve heard in a while.
I just happened across this fabulous news article titled: Lady Gaga takes on Baby Gaga in breast milk ice-cream battle. You should read the article because it’s hilariously written – almost as entertaining as its subject matter, but here are the highlights:
1) There is a store in central London that was selling a flavor of ice cream made from human breast milk (and some other stuff like vanilla beans and lemon zest, but mostly breast milk) which they called ‘Baby Gaga’
2) Lady Gaga is suing them.
3) Why is she suing them? Because they’re using her name to sell something which is “deliberately provocative” and “nausea-inducing.”
4) The reasons the store owner thinks this is bogus can be summed up as follows:
- By publicly wearing a meat dress, Gaga has given up her right to call breast milk ice cream gross.
- Who says Baby Gaga is named after Lady Gaga anyway? Or as he puts it: “How can she possibly claim ownership of the word ‘gaga’ which since the dawn of time has been one of the first discernible phrases to come from a baby’s mouth?”
- And even if they were copying Gaga, it’s not even like her persona is that original anyway…
5) We’ll probably never get to know who would win in this thrilling suit, because the British government have pulled the product for health reasons, claiming that “selling foodstuffs made from another person’s bodily fluids can lead to viruses being passed on and, in this case, potentially hepatitis.” Pshaw.
So, dear readers, who’s side are you on? Gaga or Gaga?
And do you know who wins either way? I DO! Because the fact that this situation exists is TOTALLY AWESOME and writing about it just made my night.